Weatherization increases the comfort of your home, saves you money, reduces dependence on foreign oil, preserves housing stock and provides you a safe and affordable place to call home. All at no charge to you. Without weatherization homes lose heat or air conditioning, making units work harder at maintaining a constant temperature inside the house. This not only wastes energy, but increases both utilities and maintenance costs.
- Installation of weather-stripping
- Caulking around doors, windows and attic hatches
- Testing of HVAC systems and replacement if possible
- Adding insulation to walls, ceilings and foundations for infiltration reduction
- Replacing carbon monoxide and smoke detectors
- Replacing energy efficient light bulbs
Weatherization repairs available to both the homeowners and renters may include installation of weatherstripping, caulking around doors, windows and attic hatches, and testing of HVAC systems, adding insulation to walls, ceilings, and foundations.
Eligibility is based on household income relative to federal low-income guidelines.